The League of Women Designers Chicago presents SKIRT, a group exhibition showcasing a cross-section of the latest work of its members from allied design fields, while highlighting various approaches to a single word, Skirt.
Skirt: \’skərt \
1. to form or run along the border or edge of : border
2. to furnish a border or shield for
3. to go around or keep away from in order to avoid danger or discovery
4. to avoid especially because of difficulty or fear of controversy
1. a separate free-hanging outer garment or undergarment usually worn by women and girls covering some or all of the body from the waist down
2. the rim, periphery, or environs of an area
3. slang: a girl or woman
Heather Anderson, Araidia Blackburn, Bridgette Buckley, Stephanie Cobb, Jennifer Farrell, Elizabeth Fiersten, Eve Fineman, Jamie Hayes, Catherine McCulloch, Kari Merkl, Heather Mullins, Donna Piacenza and Linda Pulik
Curated by Bridgette Buckley & LWD Chicago; exhibition essay by Lauren Viera
Panel Discussion: June 29th, 2pm
Skirting the Boundaries of Design – Conversations around artistic and design practices that exist at the periphery of conventional boundaries.
Closing and Panel Discussion: July 27th, 2pm
Design & Craft / Hands-on & Digital – Discussions exploring the contemporary intersection of making, process and product.